Advantages of Aerobic Exercise
Aerobic exercise is a must if you’re looking to boost your metabolism, strengthen your heart, and improve your mood. Check out these five great reasons to move more!
1) Aerobic exercise helps keep weight off: One of the most popular reasons for doing aerobic exercise is that it can help prevent weight gain. It does this by boosting your metabolism and maintaining muscle mass.
2) You’ll improve your mood without medication: Mental health issues are on the rise in our society today, especially with all the stress surrounding us. But aerobic exercise has been shown as an effective solution to many mental health problems like anxiety and depression because it releases natural feel-good hormones in the brain.
3) It helps maintain healthy bones, teeth, and joints: Aerobic exercise has been shown to play a role in maintaining bone density and joint strength. This is because it increases the amount of calcium that makes its way into your bones and improves muscle strength which helps to align the bones in your spine. One great way to get lots of aerobic exercises is by walking.
4) Improved brain function: Aerobic exercise increases blood flow to your brain, which can be thought of as a little “pick-me-up” at the start or end of the day. Aerobic exercise can also help with memory function and prevent Alzheimer’s.
5) You’ll reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease: The American Heart Association says aerobic activity is the essential way to improve and maintain a healthy heart. This is because aerobic exercise increases your heart rate, which in turn helps to strengthen the muscles.
6) It improves bone density: Exercising regularly has been shown to be one of the best methods for improving bone health and strength. But with all the other things you have to do in your day-to-day life, finding time for aerobic exercise can be hard.